If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Week In Comics 1-26-11

I might as well knock this out since it's 2 a.m., and I'm awake, and I'm waiting for the end of a podcast I'm listening to so I can listen to two songs I downloaded using part of the $10.00 iTunes gift card I received from Philadelphia Weekly...besides, I only bought two books this week:

Action Comics 897: There's almost no action in this issue, just lots of talk. But it's terrific, as Luthor tracks down another of those Black Lantern energy spheres. It's in Gotham City. Specifically, at Arkham Asylum. To be precise, somehow the Joker has it. Not only that, but there's a twist near the end. And the last page, a setup for the next issue, brings back a very fun character.

Futurama Comics 53: The Planet Express crew has to make a delivery and things go awry...of course, that could be the plot of just about every episode of the TV series, not to mention these comic books...anyway, things go awry when the package they're delivering turns out to be more than it seems.

No comments: