If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Week In Comics 3-3-10

Yes, I know, I'm behind again...sigh...

Adventure Comics 8: A new banner at the top of the cover, depicting the next chapter: "Last Stand of New Krypton." This book is broken into three stories: one in the present, where members of the Legion of Super-Heroes who came from a hundred years in the future join forces with Superboy and Mon-El to help stop Brainiac's attack on New Krypton; one in that very future, where other Legionnaires deal with problems caused by that attack; and one involving General Lane's Project 7734 and a member of the Metropolis Science Police who joins his cause, but is actually a Kryptonian working for General Zod.

Milestone Forever 2 (of 2): Concluding this brief miniseries designed to give an ending to the Milestone stories before their merger into the DC Universe. One of the stories features Static at his 10-year high school reunion. That interested me since I picked up the Static series regularly. The other features Hardware, but that book I wasn't into, so it really did nothing for me.

Detective Comics 862: Part 2 of a tale of parallel stories of killers with a similar modus operandi, one being hunted by Batman in the past, the other by Batwoman in the present. Or are the killers one and the same? I'm not quite sure.

No comments: