If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Holy Crap! (No Pun Intended)

I don't know what is stranger about this 1973 musical version of "The Lord's Prayer" by one Sister Janet Mead:

  • That it was certified as a gold record back when singles had to sell a million copies instead of the 500,000 it takes now
  • That it went to #4 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart
  • That she's Australian
  • That, listening to it just now, I remembered it instantly (reminds me of the Good Friday Birthday Incident of 1973; see #11 here), and even now I'd consider downloading it and putting it on my iPod

2 comments:

iconjohn said...

I vaguely remember this song. But I sure do remember Seasons In the Sun by Terry Jacks.

Joe in Philly said...

I remember Seasons in the Sun quite well. I don't know if that's a good thing. ;-)