If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mysterious Mail

(I was going to make this a MixBlog but I don't really have any other topics right now, so...)

Last week in the mail I got an envelope with a Winston-Salem, North Carolina return address. When I opened it, I found a check from Hatfield Meats -- the makers of Phillies Franks -- in the amount of $5. Also enclosed was a sheet of paper with a few store coupons, and the message: "Thank you for choosing a Hatfield Quality Meats boneless ham...(blah blah blah about Hatfield)...attached is a $5 rebate..."

I may have bought some Phillies Franks in the past, but I can't recall ever buying a ham. I certainly didn't buy a ham and then send in some proof-of-purchase code to get a rebate. It's very strange.

I can't help but wonder why someone doesn't mysteriously send me a check for a lot more than five bucks. Or at least PayPal me...

No comments: