If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Week In Comics 2-2-11

Before getting to what I did buy, I want to ask for opinions on something that I haven't bought yet but was considering: DC Universe Online Legends 1 -- a tie-in to the new video game (or, to be precise, MMORPG -- massively multiplayer online role-playing game; to me it's MPTIGO -- more proof that I'm getting old). It's going to be a 26-issue series and I don't know if I want to commit to it, so I haven't picked up the first issue yet. If anyone's read it and wants to recommend (or warn me away from) it, feel free to comment.

As for what I did buy...

Superboy 4: Someone named Psionic Lad has arrived from the year 2216 asking for Superboy's help in training to become a superhero so he can return to his time and save the world from an evil despot. But Lesson One should probably be on the order of "things aren't always as they appear to be."

Gotham City Sirens 19: The confrontation between Zatanna and Talia over allowing Catwoman to keep her memories of Batman's secret identity lead to a change of address and an important decision by Harley Quinn: to kill...well, that would be telling.

Superman 80-Page Giant 2011 1 (of 1): A one-shot that contains seven tales starring various supporting characters. The man himself is in a couple of them, so the title isn't totally misleading, but they really should have given it this title...

No comments: