If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Super Bowl XLV Prediction

I've really been going back and forth about which team I think will win the Super Bowl. Cases can be made for both the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers. And considering that I was 2-6 in the playoffs before somehow correctly calling both conference final results, it's not like I'm confident whichever way I go. I don't even have much of a rooting interest one way or the other. I sort of lean towards wanting Green Bay to win because the Steelers have won it all more recently and because of Ben Roethlisberger's douchebag behavior towards women that got him suspended for the beginning of the season. But it's not like I have any real hate for Pittsburgh. They're not the Dallas Cowboys or anything.

Speaking of the team from Texas that sucks, it is sooooooooooo freakin' great that SB45 is being played at that monstrosity of a stadium in Arlington where the Cowboys now call home, and they didn't even sniff the playoffs this year. Put a stroke on the tally sheet under the "Yes, there is a God" column.

Anyway, who to pick? The Steelers can run the ball, the Packers can air it out (and Aaron Rodgers is on something of a roll), both teams are strong defensively, injuries have taken more of a toll on the Steelers...but the one thing that seems to stand out in my mind is that the Steelers have a lot more playoff and Super Bowl experience than the Packers. So...Steelers 23, Packers 21.

No comments: