If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Week In Comics 11-10-10

Here's a novel idea: post this on the actual day I bought the books! Oh, and by the way, I've finished the final two Scott Pilgrim volumes -- Vol. 5, Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe and Vol. 6, Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour. The last volume was only released in July, a month before the movie, so the film was obviously in the works for a while. Interesting. And, as I think I've said before, the differences between the books and movie aren't a detriment to the enjoyment of the film. Speaking of enjoyment...

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne 6 (of 6): ...or lack of it...this series ended up as kind of a mess. Confusing at times, and ending kind of abruptly. The best Batman moment this week came at the end of Red Robin #17, which I didn't buy but looked through at the store.

Comic Book Guy: The Comic Book 5 (of 5): This, on the other hand, I definitely enjoyed. Would it be a real spoiler if I revealed that Comic Book Guy wasn't actually dead? I suppose not. But the explanation is fun. Now, if someone can explain to me how Dr. Nick survived the giant shard of glass in "The Simpsons Movie" I'd really appreciate it.

Victorian Undead II -- 1 (of 5): So we've already had Sherlock Holmes vs. zombies and Jekyll & Hyde. Now, Holmes and Watson investigate a shipwreck and find themselves in danger. Meanwhile, Queen Victoria is also in danger, though she doesn't know it yet, as a certain Count from Transylvania is ushered into Buckingham Palace. Yep...now it's Holmes vs. Dracula!

No comments: