If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Phanatic Around Town


All this summer, the Phillie Phanatic is hanging out at various places around town. A project of the Phillies and Visit Philly, 20 specially-painted Phanatic statues have been placed at different locations. I went around and took pictures of 19 of them. The slideshow follows. If you want to find them yourselves, here's an interactive map.

A couple of notes: one of the statues is at the airport and is behind security. So I won't be able to get a picture of it unless a miracle occurs and I take a flight somewhere this summer. (9/5/2010 Update: All 20 statues have been moved to Citizens Bank Park for display pending their being auctioned off for charity, including the one at the airport, so I finally have the complete set of photos in the slideshow.) One of the statues is inside Citizens Bank Park, which means you'll need to buy a game ticket to see it. Finally, ignore some of the dates on the pictures. On the day I took most of the pictures, my batteries died and I had to switch, and the camera went back to the default settings. I did not take any pictures on 1/10/2008.

No comments: