If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Beyonce Comes Out!

Well, actually, she's performing "I'm Coming Out." It's not Diana Ross, but what the heck. And it's cut off at the start and finish because it seems to be part of a medley.



Tomorrow (or today, technically, since it's after midnight) is the gay pride parade and festival here. Woo-hoo! Of course, I'll be at the softball fields. Sigh.

This is how odd our league is: the team that's representing our D division in the Gay World Series in August in Columbus is being decided tomorrow, in a best two-out-of-three tournament between my team (Tabu Nighthawks) and another team. This is because we are the only two teams that expressed an interest in going. So it's not based on the season standings, or playoffs after the season, but on this midseason tournament. Silly. Last year the team that went to the Series had a losing record, but they were the only team that wanted to go (although I maintain that our team wasn't asked about it last year).

The first game starts at 10:20, so by the time the second game ends it should be after 1 pm. The festival starts at noon and runs until 6 pm. If we have to play three games, it'll be well after 2 pm. With the amount of time it will take me to get to Penn's Landing for the festival, I'll miss quite a lot. I'm not sure what entertainment they'll have but it almost doesn't seem worth the $10 admission. We'll see if things play out in a way that allows me to get there after softball (at Fairmount Park Dairy Field #1, if anyone wants to surprise me there).

No comments: