If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Come On, Irene!

Some people stock up on water, batteries, etc. when a hurricane threatens. But that's not how I roll...

Picture this as a 1.5-liter bottle. Now picture six of them in my fridge.

I anticipate not sleeping at all Saturday night and Sunday morning, when the worst of the storm hits. Between the sights and sounds of heavy rain and wind, following the latest reports on Irene, anticipating the possibility of the power going out, etc., I think there's no way I could fall asleep if I tried. (And if the power goes out, I have batteries for a radio and flashlight. I just have to make sure my cell phone and iPod are fully charged.)

Besides, in a couple of past really heavy rainstorms (including the nearly five inches on the 14th of this month) my roof began to leak a bit, with water dripping around or through the ceiling fan in my bedroom. So if it does this again, I don't want to be in bed when it happens. I really fear that sooner or later a truly serious leak will develop or the roof will just cave in or something, and I have no money to get it fixed. God (or whomever) help me if that happens.

P. S. Because the title of this post has been overused by millions, you probably have this song in your head.

P.P.S. Here comes Irene now!

"How do you like yer possum, Lowell, fallin' off the bones tender or with a little fight left in it?"

No comments: