If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Quick Review: Law Abiding Citizen

I wasn't expecting what I got from "Law Abiding Citizen." The main reason I wanted to see it was because they filmed it here in Philadelphia. I didn't realize it was going to be so much fun despite the cheesy dialogue, some over-the-top acting, and so many plot implausibilities. A man (Gerard Butler) whose wife and daughter are murdered takes the law into his own hands, against both the murderers and the system, including the prosecutor (Jamie Foxx) who cut a deal with one of the murderers. It started a bit slowly, but once the revenge started happening, it got to be a real hoot. I think my favorite moment was when a judge, who had earlier admonished Foxx's character over his cell phone's ringing in the courtroom, answers a cell phone call in her chambers...I won't spoil what happens. I place this movie in the same category as two other 2009 movies, "Obsessed" and "Orphan." Totally stupid fun popcorn movie. Don't think, just enjoy. My grade: B.

By the way, Gerard Butler has a brief moment of rear nudity in the film. Jamie Foxx is not nude in the film, but a full-frontal shot of Foxx hit the Internet in August, and he recently confirmed on the Tonight Show that it's not a fake. You can find that one on your own, but here's a nice, less x-rated photo.

No comments: