If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Week In Comics 10-7-09

So I was supposed to buy just one book this week. I ended up buying two, because I didn't want the other book to be lonely.

Superman: World Of New Krypton 8 (of 12): A battle between Kryptonian and Thanagarian forces is under way, but then Superman's typical heroic leadership leads to the battle ending, cooperation between the two sides on another urgent problem, and a new diplomatic initiative between the two planets...then someone shows up at the end, providing a cliffhanger for next issue. Yawn. I'm more interested in the events involving the anti-Kryptonian fever spreading on Earth, to be honest.

Batman Annual 27: I thought there was going to be one story. There were two, both of which are continued in the upcoming Detective Comics Annual. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have bought it. The main story guest-stars a character known as Azrael, who, in an earlier incarnation, took Bruce Wayne's place as Batman. This Azrael is getting his own series, which is supposed to spring from this story. Meh. The other story stars Barbara Gordon, and involves a man who thinks he's a vampire. He's captured easily enough, but Barbara thinks something's not right, and the last page proves her right. That, and the "To Be Continued" caption.

No comments: