If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quite Busy in South Philly

This is the schedule of events for the four venues in the area of Broad and Pattison, starting last night:

Fri. 7 pm - 76ers vs. Milwaukee - 76ers home opener (Wachovia Center)
Sat. 1 pm - Flyers vs. Carolina (Wachovia Center)
Sat. 7: 3o pm - Pearl Jam - final concert at the Spectrum
Sat. 7:57 pm - Phillies vs. NY Yankees - World Series Game 3 (Citizens Bank Park)
Sun. 1 pm - Eagles vs. NY Giants (Lincoln Financial Field)
Sun. 8:20 pm - Phillies vs. NY Yankees - World Series Game 4 (Citizens Bank Park)
Mon. 5 pm - Flyers vs. Tampa Bay (Wachovia Center)
Mon. 7:57 pm - Phillies vs. NY Yankees - World Series Game 5 (Citizens Bank Park)

Tomorrow will be the wildest day, with big games at the two largest stadiums. 68,000 at the Linc in the afternoon and 45,000 at CBP at night. Imagine the traffic headaches, even if there isn't a transit strike (as of now it appears the buses and subways will continue to run through the weekend).

2 comments:

KiP said...

Where ya been? At tonight's game? Did I glimpse you on the teevee in a blue pullover windbreaker? If that wasn't you, it was the Bizarro you.

O M G I'm so happy it didn't end tonight. It's worrying, though: the two games the Phillies won have been blowouts. Can they win a tight game? And the talk of using Pedro for 6 is crazy imo....have Happ start. Oh, I don't know, if Phils win 6 can Lee go in 7? So many scenarios are fighting for my attention..I'm just glad it wasn't a repeat of '83, which I don't remember but my totally obnoxious boorish co-worker can't shut up about since he's an O's fan...winning Game 1 but losing the next four....up yours, Scott.

But I'll be okay with the Yanks winning. Cut that b-sox Year 2000 chant at the bud. And that cute backup centerfielder, can't bring up his name, Matsui would like a ring, too bad Moose never got one.

I LOVE BASEBALL. I love baseball. I love baseball players. I love baseball uniforms. I love baseball rules. I love umpires. I love when the President throws out the first pitch. I love Field of Dreams. I love the Phanatic. I love the Phillies P with the baseball stitching in the middle. I love broken bats (except now when Mariano's closing)...why can't nobody hit him after all this time? He's got only one pitch!

I love the cubbies Stairs and Brunlett, I want Raul to teabag me, I love Werth's cute little butt and the hair strip down his chin, I love Ryan's big flat nose, I want to please Cliff Lee any way he wants me to, I love THE PHILLIES. I LOVE THE PHILLIES! GO PHILS!!!!! One game at a time! You're the World F. Champions - don't fuck it up.

Joe in Philly said...

I wasn't at the game. No one was kind enough to offer me a ticket. I suppose it could've been my good twin. ;-)