If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Looking Both Ways In S. Philly

Today I was having lunch with my friend Kurt at the South Philly Bar and Grill (I had a yummy pork sandwich). I had noticed dark clouds moving in before we went inside. While we were there it began to rain, but as it turned out it didn't last long. I took these pictures at the corner of 8th and Wharton Streets at about 3 pm. On the left, the pic looking east. On the right, the pic looking west. I was really struck by the contrast between the skies on each side.

I'm in South Philly. Yo! on TwitpicI also took (and posted to Twitter and Facebook) this picture of the South Philadelphia Musicians mural. It features singers Frankie Avalon, Chubby Checker, Al Martino, Bobby Rydell, Fabian and Eddie Fisher, as well as radio legend Jerry Blavat. No idea what the painted clock showing the time as 9:05 refers to. Let me know if you know what it means.

I love running into the murals from the Mural Arts Program, especially if I haven't seen one before. The one below, which I saw the other day on my photo jaunt (which I need to post about as well), I'm not actually sure if it's one of theirs or not. Unfortunately, I can't remember now where this particular one is. It's somewhere in a zone between 23rd Street and JFK Boulevard and 15th and Cherry Streets. Whatever route I took that day between those two points is where this is. Again, if you're familiar with it let me know.

No comments: