If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yarn Bomb!

While I was doing the Mural Mile tour last month, I happened upon an example of yarn bombing. I'd never heard of it before I read some posts about it on the Philthy Blog, which focuses on the local scenes in art, music, fashion, etc. Yarn bombing is like graffiti or street art, except instead of paint, the artists use yarn. There are a number of examples of local yarn bombs in these archived Philthy Blog posts.


I took these photos on South Street. That is quite a way up that pole. I wonder how the artist managed to do this without being stopped by the police or someone else? I would think a ladder would be needed. I also wonder how well these yarn bombs can last, between the rain and the hot sun and idiots who can't resist yanking at it. This one's been up since at least mid-May, when it was featured on a Philthy Blog post. Hmmmm...maybe I should make a return trip and check it out?

No comments: