If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GOP Honcho: Yep, I'm Gay!

Good grief...

Ken Mehlman, President Bush's campaign manager in 2004 and a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, has told family and associates that he is gay.

Well, yay for him. After doing damage for years to the cause of equality, he gets to benefit from the shifting tides that are leading to it. Maybe it'll help change some of the minds of his powerful Republican friends. Even one or two would be nice, though I won't hold my breath. Still, I'm not going to throw him a coming-out party.

Have to love the...diversity...in the comments by two of my friends who posted links on Facebook to the Towleroad story on this topic. Point-counterpoint! First up:

Oh for fuck sake...what, are we supposed to cheer and forget about how he used homophobia and gay marriage as wedge issue to win elections? Fuck this prick!

On the other hand:

(I'm) thrilled that Ken Mehlman has chosen to live openly.

No comments: