If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Scissor Sisters: Free At Noon

Local public radio station WXPN has a free concert series. Fridays at noon, at their cool little World Cafe Live venue, an artist does a half-hour show which is broadcast on WXPN (and the shows are archived by NPR at their website). Today's show featured the fantastic Scissor Sisters, who were in town for a concert tonight, when I learned about this Free at Noon show, I signed up to be in attendance. All I had to do was not oversleep. If you know me, you know that this is a problem occasionally.

I didn't oversleep. YAY!



I was surprised when I got there because the room wasn't full. It never completely filled up, though there was a decent crowd. The band performed seven songs, starting with "Any Which Way" from their new album "Night Work." I used my phone's camcorder to record the next song, "Laura." Quality's not really good, though.



"Whole New Way," "Take Your Mama," "Fire with Fire," "Comfortably Numb" and "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" finished off the show. From what I've read, the full concert is much wilder. Wish I could've seen that, but at least I got a little taste. You can listen to today's show here.

No comments: