If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random 3 a.m. Stuff

Because it's late at night and that seems to be when I finally push myself to post something...
  • The Phillies are 3-5 on their road trip with one game left. Not a lot of hitting, and the pitching is inconsistent. Even Roy Halladay finally lost a game. But it's still way too early to panic. Meanwhile, they signed Ryan Howard to a 5-year, $125 million extension that will keep him a Phil through 2016. There's a fair amount of naysaying about it for various reasons. A lot of it comes from those obnoxious stat geeks who are trying to ruin the game. Ignore them. This is a risky deal, but better than letting Howard walk after 2011. Still, as much as I hate the rule, I really think the Phils should push to get the National League to adapt the designated hitter.
  • The state of Arizona has gone nuts, with recent days bringing an anti-immigrant law, a law placating the birthers, and the governor's  removing domestic partnership rights from state employees. Perhaps we should have seen it coming when John McCain chose Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Clearly there's something in the water out there. I feel for the people I know who live there, although one or two don't hold the same viewpoints as I do.
  • I gave "Glee" yet another chance. I am still ambivalent. Tonight's episode started slow but improved as it went on. Maybe I'll watch again next week. I just don't know if I will ever become a "Gleek." I am becoming a fan of Kurt (Chris Colfer), though. Maybe that will be the hook that gets me to keep watching.
  • And finally, the following is from former Eagle Dhani Jones of "Dhani Tackles The Globe" fame, on his Twitter feed: "What's wrong with chest hair. It wasn't to (sic) long ago that men wore beards, had chest hair and were warriors. I will continue the tradition!"

    Amen, Dhani, Amen!

No comments: