If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Week In Comics 4-14-10

As I was born at 1:56 in the morning, this is officially my first blog post as a 48-year-old. I don't know if this is good or bad.

Brightest Day 0: I'm not sure why there are such things as "zero issues." The first issue of a series ought to be issue number 1. So this is the issue before the first issue of the biweekly series that's running with the developments in "Blackest Night." Boston Brand, a.k.a. Deadman, was one of twelve heroes and villians brought back to life, and in this book he is whisked around the globe by a white power ring and we see scenes involving the other 11 resurrected people. Why did these twelve specifically come back? Why is Boston Brand the only one with a white ring? It's interesting enough but I'm not sure I'll keep buying. I'm not particularly invested in any of these characters.

Adventure Comics 10: Two Superman-related books this week. This one picks up on New Krypton, where Brainiac has re-bottled the city of Kandor, Mon-El has been subdued and Superboy runs into Lex Luthor again. Meanwhile, in the other feature, the secret mission of Car-Vex, the Kryptonian masquerading as human to infiltrate General Lane's operation, comes to an end.

Action Comics 888: Also on Earth, Wonder Woman and the JSA join the Flamebird/Jax-Ur/Rao smackdown in the Middle East, while Nightwing meets Nightwing in the Phantom Zone.

Weekly World News 4 (of 4?): Can I just say how ridiculously fun this whole thing was? I don't know if there will be more issues but I sure hope so. More Bat Boy, that's what I say!

No comments: