If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Week In Comics 4-7-10

Well, this was a somewhat quiet week. I bought three books, one of which I didn't plan on, but I took a peek inside and then decided to get it. I have a thing where I sometimes have trouble dropping a title, particularly if it's a mini-series and if it features Superman. If I get the first issue, I need to complete the story. That's where two of my three books this week are connected. But first...

Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton 2 (of 3): Essentially things involving this whole crossover are broken down as follows: Supes himself is mainly in this book. "Action Comics" follows Nightwing and Flamebird; "Superman" still features Mon-El, although he and Superman have been fighting together at this point in the story; the Legion of Super-Heroes star in "Adventure Comics" along with Superboy and Supergirl, who of course also stars in her own series. Anyway, the battle doesn't seem to be going well for Superman and the rest, as Brainiac manages to add to his collection of bottled cities.

Superman: Secret Origin 5 (of 6): More rebooting of the beginning of Superman's career takes place. One such adjustment actually answers a question from the regular Super-books that I've wondered about for a while now: what happened to Lois Lane's mother while her father has been busy turning Earth against Kryptonians and trying to discredit Lois and her journalism in the process? I haven't been thrilled with some of this stuff, but this is one of those "I must complete the story" deals.

Red Robin 11: I know I said that the story going on here was kind of meh, but things picked up a lot more in this issue (the one I wasn't planning to buy until I perused it in the store). Ra's al Ghul has targeted for death just about everyone in Tim Drake's life, and has something going on involving Hush, still in Bruce Wayne impostor mode.

No comments: