If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, April 2, 2010

My Week In Comics 3-24-10

Okay, so I've fallen behind again so I'll be brief...

Batgirl 8/Red Robin 10: These were the two that were released a couple of weeks earlier, but I didn't pick them up right away. One of those little crossovers, I decided to buy them after all. I guess I can quote a certain American Idol judge:  for me, for you, it was just alright, dawg.

Superman 698: The third part of the "Last Stand of New Krypton" tale. This, on the other hand, is so much more than just alright, dawg.

Green Lantern 52: Racing towards the end of the "Blackest Night." And, as befitting a story that started with the premise that "the dead shall rise," someone is seemingly killed, only to return to life. It kind of seemed a bit like filler, though.

Superman/Batman 70: Somehow I thought the storyline of the last few issues was ending here, but it's not, and I'm not that interested in it anyhow. Do I bother to pick up the conclusion or not? Hmmmmm.

Futurama Comics 48: Zoidberg gives up his medical practice to become a lawyer, plus a sort of mash-up of "Jack and the Beanstalk" and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Meanwhile, new episodes of the show are supposed to debut on Comedy Central in June. Yay!

Victorian Undead 5 (of 6): Another story that's almost done. Things look bleak for England because of all the zombies. Sherlock Holmes has a plan to save the nation, but the prime minister doesn't like it. Ah, bureaucracy.

No comments: