If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My iTunes Shuffle Baker's Dozen 1-5-10 (Plus '09's Most-Played)

Today I reset the play count in iTunes -- every song starts with a clean slate. Which songs will, at the end of the year, end up as one of my Top 25 Most-Played of 2010? Probably none of them, I figure, since whatever new stuff I get between then and now will likely get the bulk of my attention. In the meantime, here's what was most played in 2009 and the first songs shuffled into my ears after the reset.

Most-Played 2009: Of course, not all of these songs were actually released in 2009, but if I really love a song I tend to play it a lot once I get it into iTunes. Lots of Lady Gaga, followed by Madonna, of course. Two songs are represented twice because of remixes, including the #1 song -- my personal song of the year!

1. When Love Takes Over - David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland
2. Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil' Wayne
3. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
4. Give It 2 Me (Paul Oakenfold Extended Mix) - Madonna
5. If I Never See Your Face Again (Feat. Rihanna) (Paul Oakenfold Remix) - Maroon 5
6. Shining Light - Annie Lennox
7. She's Not Me - Madonna
8. Just Dance (Tony Arzadon edit) (feat. Colby O'Donis/Akon) - Lady Gaga
9. American Boy (Soulseekerz remix) - Estelle
10. Fall Down (Spirit Of Love) - Tramaine Hawkins
11. Somebody's Watching ME - Mysto & Pizzi
12. I Remember (Vocal Mix) - Deadmau5 & Kaskade
13. Lovegame - Lady Gaga
14. Squeeze Me - Kraak & Smaak
15. Just Dance (Feat. Colby O'Donis) - Lady Gaga
16. Celebration - Madonna
17. When Love Takes Over (DJ eLLy Radio Edit) David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland
18. Step One Two - Kaskade
19. Dangerous Power (feat. Jan Burton) (Cicada Radio Edit) - Gabriel & Dresden
20. Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
21. Circus (Frisco & Lamboy Remix) - Britney Spears
22. The Screams Of Passion (Extended Mix) - The Family
23. Christmas Tree - Lady Gaga
24. You're As Gay As The Day Is Long - The Ralph Sall Experience
25. My Life Would Suck Without You (Chriss Ortega Club Mix) - Kelly Clarkson

Today's Baker's Dozen:


Get It Together-Seal
Sweet Lullaby-Deep Forest
The Night You Murdered Love-ABC
Gett Off-Prince
Cheating On You-Franz Ferdinand
Why Not Fly-Mark Weigle
The Happening-Diana Ross & The Supremes
(Gotta Get) A Meal Ticket-Elton John
Favorite T-The Lemonheads
Nothing Stays The Same-Nick Scotti
Song For The Lonely (Almighty Mix)-Cher
Hello Joe-Blondie
There's The Girl-Heart

2 comments:

FeverDog said...

Me 20 highest plays:

Strangers - The Kinks
The Other Side - The American Dream
I Love You - Climax Blues Band
Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac
Please Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Last Night I Didn't Get to Sleep At All - 5th Dimension
Country Comfort - Elton John
Pitseleh - Elliott Smith
Slideshow - Rufus Wainwright
Love Letters - Ketty Lester
Passenger Side - Wilco
Crazy World - ABBA
Superstar - The Carpenters
Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum
I Think I'm In Love - Spiritualized
Heroes - David Bowie
Man With A Gun - Jerry Harrison
Why Not Smile - R.E.M.
Share The Land - The Guess Who
Estimated Prophet - The Grateful Dead

Joe in Philly said...

Aren't many of these really old, or at least a little old? ;-) A few I'm not familiar with so maybe they're more current.