If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Doing Something Worthwhile For A Change

So I still haven't gotten a job -- I haven't even seriously looked lately; it's been so discouraging, with sending resumes and not even getting interviews, that I just needed to stop for a while. I have to admit I'm seriously worried about how I'm going to pay my bills.

In the meantime, though, I need to do something. I read this article in the Phila. Daily News today about the Campaign for Working Families and their program to prepare taxes for lower-income families, and decided to sign up and volunteer. I'm scheduled for a training session next week, followed by software training and IRS certification the next.

I hope it's something that I'll enjoy doing, besides the fact that it will help people, and who knows? Perhaps it will lead to, if not employment, at least some good karma.

No comments: