If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jersey Shore Returns: Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

After some money issues were resolved, MTV has announced that there will be a second season of "Jersey Shore."

Their statement says they will follow the cast as they "escape the cold northeast and find themselves in a new destination." So, from what I understand, most or all of these people aren't even from New Jersey, and now the show won't even be located there. So it's still called "Jersey Shore" because...?

I've never watched it, and doubt I ever will. I'll leave the issue of "guidos" and Italian-American stereotyping to others. I want to know, is there really that much fascination with seeing a bunch of younger people act stupid, get drunk, fight, make out, etc? Doesn't it get tired? There are so many "reality" shows with the same type of behavior. What makes this bunch special? Is the success of this show just more proof that people are really dumb/have really bad taste? Or am I getting too old to understand young people?

1 comment:

Joe in Philly said...

But I'm not too old! ;-)