If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Want a paper bill? Pay up!

An insert that was included with the bill for my cell-phone service states that "Starting in September, T-Mobile will begin charging $1.50 per month for receiving a paper bill." It doesn't explain why, exactly. It could be a noble tree-saving effort. More likely, it's just another way to raise revenues.

It goes on to say, "You can still receive your bill electronically for FREE..." Gee, thanks for that! Sooooooo generous! I have an idea: don't bill me at all -- that way we ALL win!

I'm still old-fashioned enough that I like to have a hard copy of some things. The newspaper, for one. I'm willing to read individual articles online but I don't want to read the entire contents of the paper that way. And I would prefer paper copies of my bills, but I'm not going to pay for the privilege.

No comments: