If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Savage Love

I'm a big fan of Dan Savage's sex advice column, "Savage Love." I definitely recommend his books: "Skipping Towards Gomorrah: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Pursuit of Happiness in America," "The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant" and "The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family" if you haven't read them already. (The image shown is from a compilation of letters from his column. Don't click to look inside from this photo -- you have to do that at Amazon.com.)

But this is about a letter in this week's column. I'm sure his sometimes caustic advice isn't everyone's cup of tea, but on the other hand, I'm sure he gets many letters that aren't possibly from people with real problems. There's a lot of...creativity...in them. Whether or not this particular writer is making it up, Dan's answer made me laugh...

My mistress wants to deny me the pleasure of regular food. We want to create a "slop" that I can eat four to five times daily that is highly nutritious but as bland-tasting as possible. Any ideas? Can you consult a nutritionist? -- Seeking Slave Food

Are there any vegan restaurants in your area?

No comments: