If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My iTunes Shuffle Baker's Dozen 9-8-09

I haven't done an iTunes or iPod shuffle in a while. I've been trying to put together a playlist of my favorite uptempo/dance/disco-type songs, and right now I'm leaning towards a large list with hundreds of songs, because I can't narrow it down to 15 or 20. So I've been listening to that particular collection, still a work in progress.

I'd love to know exactly how iTunes selects songs in shuffle mode. Is it entirely random? Does it take into account how much music by a particular artist you have, or how much of a particular genre? And why does it seem like, in the most recent version, there are more repeats, either of an artist or an album? There's a repeat in this list, just 9 songs apart. It annoys the heck out of me...

Treat Me Right-Adeva
Who Will Save Your Soul-Jewel
I Need You (live)-Eurythmics
Baby You're My Light-Richard Hawley
Could I Have This Kiss Forever-Whitney Houston/Enrique Iglesias
Can't Stop-Madonna
Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks-Panic! At The Disco
Can You Feel It-The Jacksons
Dear Yoko-John Lennon
Promises, Promises-Dionne Warwick
Together Let's Find Love-The 5th Dimension
(My My) Baby's Gonna Cry-Eurythmics
Your Hurtin' Kinda Love-Dusty Springfield

No comments: