If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson: cardiac arrest?

Update: TMZ is now reporting that Michael Jackson has died.

TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson was rushed by ambulance to a hospital, that he was in cardiac arrest and paramedics administered CPR on the way.

I badly want to find something snarky to say about this but I just can't. I still like his music, although it's difficult now to separate the music from the freak show his life has become. I don't think I'd ever pay to see him in concert again (I actually saw him with his brothers during the Victory Tour in 1984 -- at JFK Stadium, long ago torn down) and I might not even buy a new album, but I can't help but appreciate his brilliant work from the past.

With Michael Jackson, Prince and Madonna all having turned 50 last year, it's just more proof that I'm soooo old.

No comments: