If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Where do I begin?

Begin at the beginning, they say. Okay.

First, I was born, which goes without saying. But even in the hospital, the day I arrived, I knew I was different from the other kids. I couldn't figure out why, at first. Then, suddenly it came to me! I was a rabbit in a human world...no, wait. That was Bugs Bunny.


Watch What's Up Doc? in Animation | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

As for me, well, I am different from the other kids. I mean, do you know any other 47-year-old guys who have, among other things: never learned to drive a car; taken an early retirement (with a sharply reduced annuity) after 25-plus years with the federal government and haven't worked in the four years since; played softball in their local gay softball league for two years, quit, then went back 21 years later; made 19,867 posts in the last eight years on the Outsports.com discussion board, over 9,000 more than anyone else?

That's where the "Joe In Philly" comes from, by the way. I consider it my brand name at this point. That's also sort of part of the reason I've started this blog. Despite the large number of posts on that board there's a whole lot more that I want to say, but I feel I need an appropriate centralized venue. I had my own blog before but I wasn't really happy with it and didn't work very hard, and it eventually died of neglect. I'm now ready to try again, and this time I intend to really work to make it worthwhile. (And, perhaps, if things go well, maybe someday I'll be able to make some money from it. So when you start seeing ads, if you clicked on one every once in a while it might help. Plus, if you tell everyone you know to take a look at this blog, I'd really appreciate it. Also, I have a PayPal account under my e-mail address. I'm just saying.)

So, where do I begin? Stay tuned...

No comments: