If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A minor miracle, plus: I did NOT pee my pants

The story of my day: woke up at 6:30 to get out the door in time to make it to the fields for morning softball. Lost two softball games; tough situation with two key players not playing today, but we did our best. Went home. Showered and changed clothes. Watched the end of the Phillies game while checking e-mail, surfing the Web, etc. Switched over to one of the MTV/VH1 channels that was playing nonstop Michael Jackson videos. Fell asleep for a half-hour.

Headed downtown for the softball Bar Of The Week. BOTW sucked -- the bar was virtually empty. Where is the support for a league sponsor? The "free buffet" was bereft of food, except for a bowl of pasta salad and what looked like potato salad -- two trays sitting over those little Sterno cans were empty; presumably they decided not to put out food until people arrived, which never happened. Drank three 23-oz. glasses of beer, so equivalent to about 4.5 sixteen-ounce bottles. Had a nice buzz, which would make this my first alcohol-enhanced post on this blog, except I don't really feel it now (though it caused me to laugh hysterically at the Simpsons rerun I DVR'd and watched when I got home).

After two hours of feeling sorry for the bartender who was earning very little in tips this day, I finally left but without stopping in a restroom first. Got on the "el" train to head home and really needed to pee. Arrived at the terminal, where I transfer to a bus to get home. The terminal has restrooms but also has signs saying they are closed from 8 pm to 4 am. On this night, though, the restrooms were still open at 9:30 pm -- hence, the first part of the title of this post.

After making room in my bladder I went to the newsstand and bought a diet soda. On the bus home, bored, I was fiddling with the empty soda bottle, including opening and closing the lid. I then looked down and saw that a small amount of soda had still been in the bottle, and it spilled out, right onto the front of my pants -- hence, the second part of the title of this post.

No comments: