If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Quick Reviews: Pre-Summer

So I've got seven ticket stubs here, for movies I've seen as recently as a week ago and as long ago as April 7th. I was still a young 49 then. Since three of the movies were released at the start of the big summer season (in other words, when "The Avengers" came out), I'm going to just throw the other four into this post and be done with them.

The Cabin in the Woods: A little overrated. The trailer hinted at a much more snarky twist, and didn't exactly pull through. But I did sort of appreciate the ending. My grade: C-plus.

Mirror Mirror: A lot of silliness and overacting. And, while Armie Hammer is pretty, he has weirdly shaped chest hair. I hope it was just for this movie and not how his chest always looks. My grade: C-minus.


Friends With Kids: Enjoyed it quite a bit. Smart and clever. My grade: B-plus.

The Three Stooges: Apparently there was a surprise musical bit after the credits. I didn't stay that long. This was almost as bad as I thought. I think they were going for a "Brady Bunch Movie" kinda thing, but these are the wrong characters to do that with. Credit for just about perfect impersonations of Moe, Larry and Curly, though. My grade: D-plus.

No comments: