If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 a.m. Musings

First of all, someone needs to tell Twitter that I can't think of three people that I'm less likely to follow than anybody in this group. For various reasons, they're all douchebags.


So it's after 2, and I'm pretty wide awake because, for the second weekend in a row, I stayed in bed all morning and much of the afternoon. I'm talking 3 in the afternoon. So, unless something odd happens and I magically fall asleep or I take some medication, I'll be up all night. That means Sunday will be difficult, and Sunday night and getting up for work Monday is problematic.

Last week I stayed up all night, and finally drifted off for a couple of hours or so early Sunday afternoon. That should have made it easy to fall asleep Sunday night, but I was shocked that I had so much trouble sleeping that night. I did get up on time Monday and made it through the day at work, though. But it was rough. Actually, every day was kind of rough.

That won't be a problem, though, because this Monday is my last day of work for a while. With the heating season over, the money's pretty much spent and all of us who were hired (or recalled, in the case of most of them) in the fall are now being laid off. We can file for unemployment, though. This is new for me. I've never filed for unemployment before.

What this means is I'll have free time again. To see movies, to go walking around the city and take pictures, to blog...the only caveat is that I do plan to do a job search. I'd like something that would be a better fit for me. A job that's either much closer to home, only 2-3 days per week or only 4 hours per day would be perfect. If I don't find that, though, then I'll have to hope that the evil politicians don't kill off LIHEAP or drastically cut the funding so that I'll be recalled come September or so. In the meantime, though, my time will be my own again and I CANNOT WAIT.

Oh, and I'll have more time to sleep.

No comments: