If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Travel And Leg Updates

So I'm headed off to San Francisco this evening for a week to take care of the stuff I have to do regarding my dad's estate. I did buy a new laptop but I'm not sure I'll have time to actually write any blog posts, so this may be the last one until I return.

As for my leg, I have an appointment to see a surgeon on October 11th. As I mentioned in my last post, I was concerned that my leg might get worse during my trip without any further antibiotics. My doctor said I should be fine as long as I don't develop a fever. I have an old digital thermometer, but it's very old and I wasn't sure how reliable it is so I bought a new one. I'm going to carefully monitor my temperature to make sure it's okay. Here's a question, though: the last three days I've taken a reading with both thermometers. The old one has registered a temperature that's 0.4 or 0.5 degrees higher than the new one. Is it safe to assume the new one is the more accurate one? That's the one I'm taking with me.

I went for the ultrasound and x-ray. They asked me if I wanted to have a report sent to the doctor, or if I wanted them to give me films or a CD of my x-rays. How the hell am I supposed to know??????? I finally decided to take the CD because it would be easier to carry. So they burned my x-rays onto a disc. If I get around to it I may post it.

No comments: