If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Looking Down On LOVE Park (And Other Pics)

Last month I was at a party for my softball team on the rooftop deck of the building where our team's manager lives. I...well, quite a few of us, actually...took a few photos. I love being in high-rise buildings and looking down upon the area. Whether it's the Empire State Building in New York or the Sears Tower (or whatever it's called now) in Chicago or the CN Tower in Toronto, there's just something special to me about being so far up and viewing the landscape, the buildings, etc. as far as the eye can see. This building isn't quite as high as those... ;-)

LOVE Park from above.

Off in the distance (just above the cathedral's dome) is the Art Museum.

Again in the distance: the CBS3 TV studios. Speaking of which, have you been voting for me every day?

The Center City skyline to the west of City Hall at 5:15 pm (kind of shadowy...remember, I'm using the camera in my phone)...

...and the same view at about 8:15 pm.
Meanwhile, here's a shot from the ground. I actually stood in the middle of Market Street at 39th to get this. Traffic was very light at the time, obviously.

The view's a little more impressive in person. In the distance are the two Liberty Place towers, and just to the left and slightly more towards the foreground is the PECO building (with its Crown Lights electronic message board at the top).

No comments: