If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Softball Weekend

It's funny that I complain about some aspects of softball tournaments (just for example, teams that add ringers because they desperately need to win, and therefore are out to crush regular teams like mine) and yet I can't seem to stop myself from playing in them. This year's Liberty Bell Classic is being held on Saturday and Sunday. Here's their website. I can tell you that I'm playing games at 10 am, 11 am and 1 pm in the round-robin portion. (All three of those games are at Dairy Field #3 in Fairmount Park.) Then there's one more game Saturday and at least one Sunday, when the tournament enters the double-elimination phase (two losses and you're out).

Since I got an extremely good rate through Hotwire, I've got a hotel room in town so I won't be taking my usual looooooooong trip to the fields. (This overjoys me, except for the part where I have to figure out how to pay the credit card bills next month.) So I can also easily partake of the Saturday night block party on Camac St. and the Sunday closing party and bar crawl starting at Sisters. So all of you reading this should come into town and buy me a drink! And while you're at it, you can pick up one of these t-shirts.

No comments: