If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Phils Playoff Tickets Are Mine! Or Not...

Here's the text of the email I just sent to the Phillies, who have offered me the "opportunity" to buy tickets to Game 1 of the NL Division Series tomorrow...

You sent me an email saying I have the opportunity to purchase NLDS tickets. The email instructs me to:

1. Click the "Buy Tickets" button below.
2. Underneath "Postseason Ticket Opportunity," click the "Activate Your Account Online" button.
3. Enter your Account Number and your PIN (located above) in the appropriate fields.
4. Click the "Activate" button to proceed through the purchase process.

I did all that and got a message saying my email address is already in use and to try another. I tried my other email address and got the same message. If I log in as a returning customer I get "no events/items available."

Clearly your system is flawed since I can't purchase tickets using the account number/PIN you sent me or the ones I already have, so thanks for nothing.


UPDATE: The email response from the Phillies' ticket office:

Thank you for your email. All you have to do is enter an email address that is not associated with any other offers you have received from the Phillies or your Phillies account. You may need to create an email account or use a family member's email address.

So, since I'm not a season ticket holder and doubt that I'll be able to afford to be one any time soon, I'm supposed to create another email account? And then another one next year? And yet another the year after that? Or use someone else's email address, assuming that they don't have their own Phillies account? And by the time I create a new email account, or get someone's permission to use theirs, and assuming I can access their email somehow to get my email to confirm my purchase/print out the tickets, do you think there will actually be any tickets left to buy? The sale started at 3 pm today. I logged on at 3:05 pm. Tickets for eight Eagles home games sell out in 15 minutes or less. How fast do you think the small number of tickets for this one Phillies playoff game would go? Hell, I'm sure they're gone already anyway.

Unreal. Remind me next year to not register for the lottery to buy playoff tickets.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Found your blog via google. I had this problem last year and I forget what I had to do to figure the system out, but I eventually got to it. I figured they would have that bug out of the system by this year, but apparently they dont.

My friend just got an email offer and was having the same trouble as you. They called the ticket office at 215 463 1000 and they were taken care of right away.

Hope this helps... go Phils!

Joe in Philly said...

Thanks for the info. Once I ran into the issues I described, though, I decided not to try to get any tickets on such short notice -- I have plans for part of the day tomorrow and would have to rush down there. And really, with my money situation, I shouldn't be buying playoff tickets anyway, unless I have a chance to resell and make a profit.