If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flyers' 09-10 schedule includes Winter Classic

Every year there's one day when a team officially releases its schedule for the upcoming season. Today was that day for the Flyers and the rest of the National Hockey League. The biggest news of the day was the official announcement that the Flyers will play the Boston Bruins at Fenway Park (a baseball park, for those who may not know) in the 2010 Winter Classic, the league's new showcase event, on New Year's Day. This will be the third year that the NHL will take a game outdoors for January 1st; the first two were hugely successful.

I always like to look at the road schedule in particular, because if the Flyers are playing in a particular location and I have friends there (or just if it's not far away, such as Newark, NJ, where the New Jersey Devils play in a new arena that's right next to the Amtrak station) , I think about how fun it would be to visit them and see the game. (I do this for the Phillies and Eagles as well.) Of course, this is all a huge fantasy right now because of a lack of money.

So here's the list of road games I'll be seeing if I should win the Poweball lottery between now and October:

At Boston: Dec. 14, Jan. 1
At Buffalo: Nov. 6, Mar. 5
At Dallas: Mar. 18
At Minnesota: Feb. 6
At Nashville: Mar. 16
At New Jersey: Oct. 3, Dec. 12, Feb. 10
At Ottawa: Jan. 3, Mar. 23
At NY Islanders: Nov. 25, Dec. 27, Apr. 1
At NY Rangers: Dec. 30, Mar. 14, Apr. 9
At Phoenix: Nov. 21
At San Jose: Nov. 20
At Toronto: Jan. 14, Apr. 6
At Washington: Oct. 27, Jan. 17

In case I don't win a huge jackpot, the following are highly encouraged ;-) to send me plane tickets:

  • anyone from a location listed above who knows me
  • anyone from a location I didn't list because I've somehow forgotten you
  • anyone living in any location who doesn't know me but would like to
  • anyone else.
I think that covers everyone. ;-)

No comments: