If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All of my movie grades (for 2009)

These are the grades I've given to every movie I've seen in 2009. I've been listing them on Facebook but now when I update it there's a technical glitch. (Facebook and Twitter are both really a pain in the ass sometimes.) So I'm listing them here.

*Denotes 2009 films I didn't see until early 2010

A: I Love You, Man; Away We Go; Bruno; Fantastic Mr. Fox; Up In The Air; Precious*
A-: Star Trek; Outrage; Up; (500) Days Of Summer; Humpday; Julie & Julia; Paranormal Activity; It's Complicated
B+: Confessions Of A Shopaholic; Coraline; Duplicity; State Of Play; Drag Me To Hell; The Proposal; Make The Yuletide Gay; District 9; Adam; Zombieland; Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs; Where The Wild Things Are; Invictus; An Education*
B: Taken; Watchmen; Observe & Report; Obsessed; The Brothers Bloom; Orphan; Extract; Inglourious Basterds, Law Abiding Citizen; The Blind Side; Brothers
B-: New In Town; Paul Blart, Mall Cop; Yonkers Joe; Adventureland; Sunshine Cleaning; The Soloist; Angels & Demons; Dance Flick; Taking Woodstock; The Informant!; Whip It; Michael Jackson's This Is It; A Single Man; The Hurt Locker*; A Serious Man*
C+: The International; X-Men Origins: Wolverine; Public Enemies; Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; Funny People; Fame; Surrogates; 2012; Avatar
C: Year One, Couples Retreat; Pirate Radio
C-: Bride Wars; He's Just Not That Into You; Terminator Salvation; I Love You, Beth Cooper; The Time Traveler's Wife; The Invention Of Lying; The Twilight Saga: New Moon; Everybody's Fine; Did You Hear About The Morgans?
D+: The Hangover; All About Steve; Jennifer's Body; Sherlock Holmes
D: The Ugly Truth
D-: The Men Who Stare At Goats

3 comments:

FeverDog said...

Paul Blart is better than The Hangover? Haven't seen the latter but Blart was dull dull dull.

You missed Sugar? That and (I'm alone here) Knowing are my tops so far.

BTW, I understand you needed an X in your self description, but xenophobic? Really? What about your Canada vs. US post?

"X-ray visioned metaphorically" too cumbersome?



soutpoid

Joe in Philly said...

I went with "xenophobic" based on a very general definition. The Wikipedia page, for example, says it's "a dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown or different from oneself." That is me to a degree, although it doesn't extend so much to other nations and cultures. I'm open to suggestions for other "x" words, but it does have to be one word.

Joe in Philly said...

Oh, and I hated The Hangover. It didn't make me laugh more than once at best. I might have laughed at the Mike Tyson appearance if it hadn't been all over TV in the ads.