If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Megawords And Scientology?

So there's this old building on the 1300 block of Chestnut Street that has been vacant for many years. It's been owned by the "Church" of Scientology since 2007, and the most recent information I can find is that the city of Philadelphia, as of December 2013, planned to take them to Blight Court. (I didn't even know there was such a thing as Blight Court.) Anyway, this has been sitting in the window in the front of the building for years...


A couple of closeups which I took in 2013 (the pic above is from about 3 weeks ago)...



I always wondered what this was. It seems to be related to this, although the Facebook page hasn't been updated in a year and the website which led me to the Facebook page has gone nearly two years without updates.

Sadly, as I was walking on Chestnut Street last week...


I'd love to know if this means the Scientologists are finally doing something with the building, or if the Megawords people just reclaimed their work.


No comments: