If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Friday, March 2, 2012

How Would You Respond?

I'm just going to throw this out there and ask for your thoughts. This is a "conversation" I'm having with a guy on OKCupid whose profile says he's straight but decided to send me a message. His messages are in bold, with my replies following...

Feb 17, 2012 – 1:21pm
Hi,
How are you?
Feb 17, 2012 – 7:29pm
I'm fine...and a bit confused...
Feb 20, 2012 – 2:11pm
Why?

Feb 20, 2012 – 3:40pm
Well, because your profile says you're looking for girls who like guys, and the last time I checked, I wasn't a girl. ;-)
Feb 21, 2012 – 10:55am
Hahaha :0...Well I am not open about it here and hence the reason....
Feb 21, 2012 – 8:16pm
Okay...well, I kinda need to know what I'm getting into here, especially since another straight guy on this site sent me a message recently and we went back and forth a bit before he flaked out, so I don't want to waste time again unless you're serious. So are you saying you're gay or bi but closeted or is it more like you're mostly straight but you like a guy to give you a blowjob now and then? ;-)

If we're going to meet in person, it'll have to be in a public place and it needs to be accessible to public transit since I don't drive. It would also help if you have a picture; since mine is on my profile it only seems fair.
At this point there was no contact for a few days, so I asked a question...
Feb 25, 2012 – 3:06am
Did I scare you off? ;-)
Feb 27, 2012 – 12:47pm
naah... :)
Feb 27, 2012 – 1:00pm
Good to know. So what's next?
Feb 27, 2012 – 1:07pm
lets see....
Feb 27, 2012 – 3:15pm
Well, I was hoping for a bit more than that...
Mar 1, 2012 – 10:02am
:). Yup i know...

At this point I'm not sure if he's timid because he's afraid of being caught somehow, or if he's playing games. Part of me wants to just ignore him, and part of me wants to be blunt and try and get some kind of details out of him, or arrange a time to chat online or meet in person. But if he is afraid, that might really scare him off.

What do you think my next step should be?

(Since some of you think it matters, there are no pictures in his profile. He says he's 5'8" with an "average" body type.)

No comments: