If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

MixBlog 12-8-10

So I had a thought today -- pause for wisecracks regarding my actually having thoughts. I might do another random blog post, but at some point I'd be repeating myself in the titles. Random Thoughts, Random Musings, More Randomness, Randomly Random Randomness...I needed something different. But what? Anyway, I was on the bus today and for some reason the word "mixtape" popped into my head. Suddenly, I had what I needed: MixBlog! (Please note that the date in the title corresponds to when I started typing, before midnight.) So, without further ado...

  • I love some of these Twitter accounts that either impersonate celebrities or purport to be TV or movie or other famous characters. (I'd like to do one myself. I need to find a character that I know well enough to make it seem realistic, as well as one whose name hasn't been used on Twitter. I had an idea or two but the Twitter names I had in mind were already taken. One or two times the Twitter accounts were created but they're pretty much dead accounts, with no tweets at all or no tweets in a long time.) Here's something about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" from a famous newspaper reporter that I laughed at today...


    It was followed by "Oh, crap. You all weren't supposed to know that." I can't get that image to upload to the blog, though.

  • Speaking of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell,"
    does anyone really think it will be repealed before the end of this lame-duck congressional session? Clearly the GOP doesn't want it and we all know, based on the proposed deal to extend the Bush tax giveaway to the wealthy, that the current Washington definition of compromise is "give the GOP everything we want and we'll throw you a crumb or two." Thanks for once again displaying that political gutlessness that no one elected you to provide, Mr. Obama. Sigh...if only Hillary Clinton had won. Surely she has bigger balls.

  • Something you shouldn't ask me about because I don't want to tell you how bad it was: the Flyers were up 4-1 tonight with under 13 minutes left. They gave up 3 goals in less than 4 minutes and ended up losing in the shootout. Sure, San Jose is a good team but you don't give up a lead like that, especially at home. It's inexcusable.

  • I'm already listening to Christmas music in my iTunes. Some years I've waited and then it seemed I was rushing to try and listen to all of my favorites before the big day actually arrived. This year I've been listening to it every night for the last few nights while sitting in front of the computer, and I've only got 53 songs (and two special compilations) left to listen to at least once. I've already listened to a few, such as this year's new purchases (including "A Christmas Cornucopia" by Annie Lennox and the "Glee" Christmas album), multiple times. So in a few days I'll probably be able to pick and choose my most favorite songs and albums for a Very Special Blog Post. My collection is at the 450-song mark now, not including a lot of Joe Conklin's adaptations of various carols to the local sports scene.

  • By the way, Amazon's MP3 Downloads page has a "25 Days of Free" promotion -- a new holiday track that you can download for free, each day through Christmas. Go check it out. Some are better than others, but I got some good ones last year, including Lady Gaga...

No comments: