If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

espnW? How About espnG? Oh, Yeah...

When I was clicking on some Michael Vick links for the post I just wrote, I found an article at something called espnW. (They're also on Twitter.) What is it? The site says, "espnW is a destination for women who are passionate sports fans and athletes."

So I'm thinking, if ESPN is going to have separate sites tailored to specific demographics, where's espnG? Or espnLGBTQ? Or the really long acronym that includes every possible variation? How about a "destination for gays, lesbians, etc. who are passionate sports fans and athletes"?

And then I remembered: there already is such a destination. And as you can probably guess from the logo, they're 10 years old now. Congrats, Outsports.

No comments: