If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MixBlog 12-15-10

The usual 1:20 am blogging time slot. So awesome. Anyway...

  • Yesterday (Tuesday) I made a small donation to a toy drive for BEBASHI, a local HIV/AIDS services organization, after a column last week in the newspaper that said their donations were falling well short from previous years. Considering my financial situation I didn't spend much, but I still felt it was necessary. If you read this quickly there's still time to donate before Thursday's deadline. Information is here.

  • After that I went down to Citizens Bank Park hoping to run into Cliff Lee. However, he hadn't arrived in town yet. Then I tried to see Roy Halladay but, as you can see from the picture, he was not around either. Okay, actually I was at the ballpark because the Phils were running a "12 Days of Christmas" promotion at the Majestic Clubhouse Store. Different discounts each day and other special things, and today the special was a free tour of the team's clubhouse. Here's a tip from the employees giving the tour: go for the full ballpark tour, during the season when the team is on the road. Then you see the players' cubicles with their uniforms and other stuff inside. They really have a nice facility. I took a few other pictures with the camera in my phone and I'll post them somewhere sometime.

  • It was quite a day sports-wise. Besides the big Cliff Lee news, the Flyers defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2, ending the Pens' 12-game winning streak and jumping ahead of the Penguins in the standings. The Flyers now lead the entire NHL with 45 points. That doesn't mean a whole lot since the team that has the most points doesn't always win the Stanley Cup, and last year's Flyers barely made the playoffs and still made the Cup finals. Still, it's nice. And beating the Penguins gives Sidney Crosby something to whine about.

    In college basketball, Drexel beat a top-25 Louisville team on Louisville's home court. And hey, the Sixers won too! Their season total is up to nine! (With 15 losses.)

  • The high temperature was 27 yesterday, and it was quite windy. Horrendous cold. I hate the cold. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, despise the cold. Every day I hate it more. And winter's just gotten here. Everyone, please send me enough money to move someplace warm. I'm begging you.

No comments: