If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not Feeling So Comcastic

As I mentioned the other day, my DVR needs to be replaced. Today the Comcast technician (who is actually a contract employee, as his truck was from some other company) was supposed to be here between 5 and 7 pm. They called and asked if he could arrive earlier. I, of course, agreed. He arrived at about 3:45 pm.

They gave him the wrong type of DVR. Something about the RF In/Out jacks on the replacement DVR being wrong. After he spent a few minutes going back and forth on his cell phone with the office and one of the other technicians he finally set up an appointment to bring the correct DVR for Monday morning between 7 and 9 am. This didn't thrill me. With softball tomorrow morning and Tabu being the Bar of the Week, I anticipate getting home late tomorrow night. However, I want the DVR replaced so I can record programs again so I told him that when they call before arriving, it'll be my wake-up call.

A little while ago I got an automated call confirming my appointment tomorrow. Not Monday, tomorrow. I called the 1-800 number. The rep said there were no appointments available for Monday. He rescheduled it for Tuesday.

I first got cable TV over 20 years ago. Although in the early years I had some truly horrendous times dealing with their customer service, I can't really complain about anything in all the years since. Any time I had a problem it was promptly fixed. So I hope this is just a glitch.

No comments: