If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

French Fry Review: "I'm Lovin' It!" - A. Ant

Submitted for your approval: video I took today at a McDonald's at Franklin Mills Mall (a freestanding building on the outside, not in the mall itself). This is the window ledge next to where I happened to sit down. I saw a couple of french fries sitting there, but they looked odd because there were these specks on them. Then I saw that there were other specks along the ledge, and they were moving...



I took that video at 12:30. They only start serving fries at 10:30 or 11 because before that they only serve breakfast. So either those fries sat on that window ledge overnight, or they were only dropped within that two-hour window and those ants swarmed quickly.

And let me be honest about this:
things like this won't stop me from going to fast food places, especially if I can't tighten up my dietary habits so as to lose some of the weight I regained in the last two years. Unless it's right in my food or on my table, or whatever, I just don't get skeeved out. I assume some of this stuff can be found behind the scenes of every restaurant, whether a fast-food joint or the most exclusive Zagat-rated palace. Of course, it's a different matter if it's really blatant, like this...

No comments: