If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Little Softball Update

So my team's season is over, since our last 2 games were last Sunday. The Tabu Nighthawks finished with a 10-6 record after a 7-0 start. Ouch. But I'll still be at the fields tomorrow. The rest of the teams in our division have one more game each. After those games is the D Division All-Star game. I'm not in that game. Then there's the D Division vs. Women's Division game. I am in that one. (I volunteered to be one of my team's representatives for that. Why?) Then is the picnic/season-ending "banquet." In 2008, my first year back in the league, the banquet was held in a hall. Last year it was at the fields, but not on the final day of play but at a later date. This year it's right after the league games and All-Star and D vs Women games, so people will be messy and sweaty if they stay around for the picnic/"banquet." Not to mention there's a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Having the banquet turned into a quasi-picnic makes no sense to me, but I'm not in charge of things. And if I hadn't volunteered to play in the game against the women, I could skip the whole thing and just stay home or do something else. Instead I'll be lugging around my backpack with my glove, cleats, etc. in the heat. Silly me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those women lesbians? Watch out, they play rough. ;-)

Joe in Philly said...

I assume most if not all of them are. Not to worry, though, as we won. Boys RULE!