If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paczki And Other Pics 'N Stuff

Once again I find I'm falling behind in blogging. I know I need the money and all but I can't wait until I'm put in nonpay status sometime this spring. Then I'll have the time to devote to this, not to mention searching for another job so I don't have to go back to this one in the fall -- ideally it would be a part-time job of some kind, whether it's two or three 8-hour days per week or 4 hours a day/five days per week. Anyway, pictures...

On Monday I was downtown and, since I was nearby, got a pic of Independence Hall without all that nasty scaffolding. Two days earlier there was a ceremony and the bell in the tower was rung for the first time since the renovations.


This evening, I stopped at my nearby supermarket and saw this...


...I'm guessing a truck ran into it to cause that much damage. As soon as I got in the door, I saw a table full of...



Having seen a few mentions of this on Twitter today, I read the message on the side of the box. I don't think you can see what this says, but basically it's a Polish tradition to bake these right before the start of Lent. Seeing as how I can hardly resist sweets and snacks these days, I bought some. They're quite tasty.

But going back to the subject of my blogging, I saw a couple of movies over the three-day weekend! One was kind of a slog and the other was a mess. I will write about them this week. And I still have that one long post, which is now a full year in the making. Sheesh.

No comments: