If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

My 2011 Best (And Worst) Pictures

I'm not watching the Oscars live. I'm recording it and plan to zoom through it, skipping over a lot of the stuff that I know won't hold my interest. If it weren't for Billy Crystal being the host I probably wouldn't watch at all. I only saw one of the Best Picture nominees, "Moneyball," and there are like 27 movies I saw that were better. At this link you'll find all the grades for the films I saw in 2011. I saw a lot fewer movies last year -- just 54 in all. A big reason for this is my schedule, with going back to work in mid-October cutting back on my free time. That, and a natural tendency for procrastination, is why this particular post is being done at the end of February.

If I should happen to see any more 2011 movies that are still in theaters, I'll update the list as needed. Until then, here are my rankings for my own personal 10 best and 5 worst movies. (Remember, if I didn't actually see it I can't include it no matter how good or bad it might be.)

My Top 10


1. Drive
2. Bridesmaids
3. Kung Fu Panda 2
4. The Descendants
5. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
6. Rango
7. Cedar Rapids
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
9. Crazy, Stupid, Love.
10. Puss In Boots
11. The Muppets (bumped out of the top 10 because I finally saw "The Descendants" in early March 2012. Sorry, Kermit.

(That's a lot of animation and other special effects. Hmmm...)

My Bottom 5

5. Take Me Home Tonight
4. New Year's Eve
3. The Green Hornet
2. The Roommate
...and the absolute WORST movie I saw this year:
1. The Dilemma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Only 1 of my top 10 list is on your top 10 list (Drive), but then I haven't seen 5 of the movies on your top 10 list at all.