If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Birthday Month: Day 2

Before we continue this journey: I want to get some back-and-forth on this. If you have song suggestions, comments, reminiscing, etc., comment here, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instragram (should I get a link there as well)...I'd love to have your feedback.

Pamala Stanley's "Coming Out of Hiding" is an example of the hi-NRG music that kept the clubs alive in the 1980s. Wikipedia says Pamala is from Philly. I didn't know that. I'm also embarrassed to say that it didn't dawn on me until now why this was so popular in gay clubs in particular. I mean, really? Just the opening verse itself should have clued me in...

Standing in the shadows too long
Waiting on the sidelines too long
Boy I've been watching you
Now you're gonna watch me too
I'm coming out of hiding



On the same jawn -- HEY! I JUST USED THE WORD JAWN! -- but a little later, and again from Philly, there's Pretty Poison...



In a more classic disco style, another Philly star, sadly no longer with us, Phyllis Hyman.



No comments: