If you read only one blog full of ranting and raving about sports (local and otherwise), movies, TV shows, miscellaneous pop culture, life and other assorted flotsam and jetsam, make it this one!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Quick Review: 22 Jump Street

I know, I know, I saw this two weeks ago. I'm still trying to get back into the habit of posting. Anyway, "21 Jump Street" was one of my favorites of 2012. Seeing that Channing Tatum had a knack for comedy and that he and Jonah Hill really meshed as undercover cops masquerading as high school students to stop a drug ring was exciting. Unfortunately, I wasn't as enthralled with the inevitable sequel, the cutely-named 22 Jump Street (an explanation is in the movie). This was mostly because of the constant references -- to the actors, to the first movie, to the quality (and expense) of sequels in general -- in lieu of a more interesting plot. This is a very meta movie. Still, some bits worked and Tatum and Hill still go well together. Hopefully when the inevitable "23 Jump Street" is greenlit, they'll put a little more effort into a credible storyline. My grade: C-plus.

No comments: